National Sponsors view all sponsors
Here you can catch up on all the latest news about NAPWDA, conveniently sorted into categories to make it quick and easy for you to find what you are looking for.
- NAPWDA Member and BOONE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPUTY WON'T SURVIVE INJURIES FROM SHOOTING IN LEBANON, IN. From Fox 59 News, Indianapolis, IN. March 2, 2018: SHERIFF: BOONE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPUTY WON’T SURVIVE INJURIES FROM SHOOTING IN LEBANON, in. UPDATE: Boone County deputy shot during pursuit won’t survive, will become organ donor. …read more about NAPWDA Member and BOONE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPUTY WON'T SURVIVE INJURIES FROM SHOOTING IN LEBANON, IN.
- NAPWDA Aggression Control Requirements With Video, by Matthew Devaney New NAPWDA Aggression Control Requirements With Video by Matthew Devaney Last year, I prosed a change to the existing certification rules for Aggression Control. I made this proposal in response to several recent court rulings where a canine handler’s qualified…read more about NAPWDA Aggression Control Requirements With Video, by Matthew Devaney
- Training Video Helps Veterinarians Treat Opioid Overdoses in Dogs Training video helps veterinarians treat opioid overdoses in dogs June 28, 2017 | AVMA@Work Editor | 2 Replies Overdoses from extremely potent illegal opioids are on the rise across America – but not just for humans. These drugs are now endangering…read more about Training Video Helps Veterinarians Treat Opioid Overdoses in Dogs
- Matching Humans and Dogs by Stephen A. Mackenzie, M.T. Matching Humans and Dogs Stephen A. Mackenzie, M.T. This article is a follow-up to the presentation given at the National Training Workshop of the North American Police Work Dog Association during the summer of 2016 in Fort Wayne, IN. The presentation drew heavily on…read more about Matching Humans and Dogs by Stephen A. Mackenzie, M.T.
- VERY **IMPORTANT** - 2017 NAPWDA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL Membership RENEWAL For CURRENT Members: Current Regular Members wanting to RENEW their membership dues can Login to the Members Only section of the web site from the top left corner of the Home page . Then click on the Members Only tab…read more about VERY **IMPORTANT** - 2017 NAPWDA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
- BCSO used pepper balls and K-9 on 88-year-old BCSO used pepper balls and K-9 on 88-year-old... By Ryan Boetel / Journal Staff Writer Thursday, February 4th, 2016 at 11:44pm Please NOTE: The following information has been learned by NAPWDA after the below article appeared and is posted here by the NAPWDA…read more about BCSO used pepper balls and K-9 on 88-year-old
- Book - K9's in the Courtroom Hi everyone, My first book, “K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT,” was such a success I teamed up with HITS to write a second book titled “ K9s in the Courtroom .” This 210 page book is very comprehensive and will…read more about Book - K9's in the Courtroom
- Using Your K9's Play Drive in Bite Work July 01, 2013 Police K-9 Magazine with K-9 Trainers Using your K-9's play drive in bite work. There may be times when we can use the dog's desire to play to accomplish a task or help…read more about Using Your K9's Play Drive in Bite Work
- U.S. Supreme Court Ruling FL. v. Jardines March 2013 **NEW*** View / Download Printable Version Here ©2013 Jack Ryan , Attorney, PATC Legal & Liability Risk Management Institute ( www.llrmi.com ) The government's use of trained police dogs to investigate the home and its immediate surroundings is a "search" within the…read more about U.S. Supreme Court Ruling FL. v. Jardines March 2013 **NEW***
- U.S. Supreme Court Ruling - Harris case from FL. **NEW*** Supreme Court Upholds Police Dog Sniff of Truck Tuesday, 19 Feb 2013 10:57 AM More ways to share... The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday unanimously upheld the search by a trained police dog of a truck for evidence, saying that training and testing…read more about U.S. Supreme Court Ruling - Harris case from FL. **NEW***