National Sponsors view all sponsors
Here you can catch up on all the latest news about NAPWDA, conveniently sorted into categories to make it quick and easy for you to find what you are looking for.
- Accelerant Detection Canines - An Underutilized Tool Accelerant Detection Canines (ADCs) were first introduced to the fire service in 1986 by James Butterworth and the Connecticut State Police. In actuality ADCs do not sniff for accelerants, they sniff for ignitable liquids. An Accelerant, as defined by the National Fire Protection…read more about Accelerant Detection Canines - An Underutilized Tool
- Slain FBI dog to be honored K9 Freddy, a Belgian Malinois, was killed by gunfire at a Dearborn warehouse during a raid on members of a group the FBI described as a radical, violent and separatist black Muslim group. %% Killed in the raid was Luqman Ameen Adbullah, the imam of the Masjid Al-Haqq mosque in…read more about Slain FBI dog to be honored
- Virginia Law Enforcement K9 Memorial Dedication Virginia Police Work Dog Association %% After six long years, we have finally made our goal a reality. On Friday, October 16, 2009 at 2pm, the Virginia Law Enforcement K-9 Memorial will be dedicated and unveiled at Virginia Tech in front of the Vet School. Please come join us…read more about Virginia Law Enforcement K9 Memorial Dedication
- State Fire Marshal Receives First Explosives Detection Canine TALLAHASSEE - Florida CFO and State Fire Marshal Alex Sink today announced a new member joining her Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations (BFAI). Jordan, a canine specially trained to detect and locate the presence of compounds containing nitrates and other materials used in the…read more about State Fire Marshal Receives First Explosives Detection Canine
- Cpl. Mike Roberts, Ended his watch 08-19-09. Cpl. May God rest his soul. By JOSH POLTILOVE | The Tampa Tribune and RAY REYES | The Tampa Tribune Published: August 25, 2009 Updated: 08/25/2009 03:34 pm Cpl. Mike Roberts, NAPWDA Member LUTZ - 'Goodbye' was just too final. So before he went out on evening patrols, Tampa police Cpl. Mike Roberts…read more about Cpl. Mike Roberts, Ended his watch 08-19-09. Cpl. May God rest his soul.
- "Police Officer's Prayer" "Police Officer?s Prayer" Lord help us protect the innocent, from the evil that men do. And keep us safe as we patrol, for we are the line of blue. May we walk our beats with you by our side, our mission to defend, The innocent who count on us, to bring in the evil men. For…read more about "Police Officer's Prayer"
- Being Ready for the HOT Call! Being Ready for the HOT Call! Being Ready for the HOT CALL Takes Time and a LOT of WORK! By: Officer Gregory Williams, City of New London Police Department As we all know being a K9 Officer is a very strong commitment. It?s a trifold commitment. To your agency, to your…read more about Being Ready for the HOT Call!
- Arizona v. Lemon Montrea Johnson (re: Terry v OH-relates to car occupants) (Bench Opinion) OCTOBER TERM, 2008 1 %% Syllabus %% NOTE: Where it is feasible, a syllabus (headnote) will be released, as is being done in connection with this case, at the time the opinion is issued. The syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the Court but has been…read more about Arizona v. Lemon Montrea Johnson (re: Terry v OH-relates to car occupants)
- The K-9 Team "The K-9 Team" %% When duty calls, we?re first in line, %% To face danger in the night. %% They call on us, when it matters most, %% We?re ready for the fight. %% We?ve trained in darkness, rain and snow, %% To be ready for the call. %% And when it comes, we do our…read more about The K-9 Team
- Court upholds $1.5M award for man bitten by Washington K-9 Dec. 26, 2008 Subject: Federal Canine Court Decision out of Washington... Court upholds $1.5M award for man bitten by Washington K-9 Dec. 26, 2008, by Kristin M. Kraemer, The Tri-City Herald. %% A Washougal man was justly awarded more than $1.5 million after he was bitten in 2003 by a…read more about Court upholds $1.5M award for man bitten by Washington K-9 Dec. 26, 2008